Sunday, April 26, 2015

Le Initial Blog

Hello many people of Ms. Mann's class, and welcome Ms. Mann, to the wonderful blog of Thomas and Jasmyn!!

For our genius hour project, Thomas and I decided to combine our amazing passions to create a short animation video. Why do this, you ask? Thomas, as many of you know, is an amazing drawer, so he will be supplying the pictures while Jasmyn, a musical person, will be supplying the music.

Here is the video that inspired Thomas and myself to do this project. It's very cool and I highly suggest you watch it.

Our idea for this animation film is to:

  1. Animate a woman or man dancing a contemporary dance. (Of course, this is very difficult to do and with the given amount of time, this will probably not happen.)
  2. Portray a man trapped inside his own head trying to break free of himself.
  3. Create a world where technology and industry rule.
So what are our goals for this project? 

To make a successful and meaningful short animation that has some good music, to learn how to use animation software's, and to draw some awesome pictures and create some amazing music.

So how will we measure our success, I hear you question?

The quality of the video. If we did enough frames/second to make it flow, the music is decent and fits the story, and how well the story line is.  

  

4 comments:

  1. This sound like an awesome genius hour project. I am excited to see the final result and see how far you two can explore animation. I know we only have a short amount of time but i think it will turn out to be better than expected by most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. We are extremely interested to see the outcome of this project. I hope all goers well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good looking project nice idea, to combine your two passions. I like the way you layed out the blog into a way the is easily read and comprehended. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love how this project combines both of your talents! I am absolutely ecstatic to see the finished project and cannot wait to hear Jasmyn sing. Thomas your drawings look fantastic, and Jasmyn your voice is amazing and we all love hearing it so don't be shy!

    ReplyDelete